Do you have a bucket list? I didn’t. I’d heard of the term of course, and seen blogs and vlogs about people’s lists, but never actually considered making one for myself. No real reason as to why, just something that I never felt drawn to write. I have a few ideas what I could put down on one, as watching and reading others, I’ve made the comments that yes, I’d love to try that too, or that I would love to learn that, or whatever they wrote. But that was as far as it went.
Last week, on Facebook, there was a video doing the rounds of a woman who was fed up being scared of things in life and not having control (if I remember that rightly…if I can find that video, I’ll link to it). But her video was 100 things that she was scared of, from eating bugs (definitely NOT one to go on my list thank you very much!), to dancing in public, sunbathing at a railway station I think it was – why? Seriously, why would you even want to do that?! But, I took my hat (if I had been wearing one, I would have at least) off to her. She was one brave cookie. She did 100 things and documented her journey.
Since I watched that video, I have been thinking about these lists, and possibly creating my own. So I did some looking about online and hit my favourite sites…I live on Google and Pinterest! I got lost on these for HOURS…do you? But after reading only a handful, and the reasons why people create these lists, I thought, ‘Why not?!’
First, I searched out an actual definition on what a Bucket List is. Here is what I found.
a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.”
OK, so that sounds easy enough, so let’s have a go. Let me know if you have a Bucket List too. I’d be very interested in reading it if you have one online, so a couple of the things on there that you don’t mind sharing.
These don’t have to be in any order, do that? Well, mine certainly won’t be!
Zoe’s Bucket List
- Visit every State in America
- Learn a new language – British Sign Language, American Sign Language, French, Welsh (not all, but at least one!)
- Lose weight and achieve an ideal weight – currently I am WAY over that!!
- Tone up and get fit
- Take part in the London Marathon (I’ll accept walking quite happily!!!)
- Ride a horse along the beach at sunset
- Learn a profession
- Learn chess
- Become an author – children’s and fiction
- Learn to sing – and not just when I am on my own so no one hears just out of tune I am!
- Do some volunteering with some charity – autism, asthma or Parkinsons
- Dance barefoot in the rain…not a gentle show, but a beautiful downpour!
- See the Northern Lights
- Get a make-over and do a photo shoot
- Earn a degree at University
- Learn to play the guitar
- Win the Lottery!!!! <————
- Go storm chasing
- Go to Disney World
- Go on a big family picnic!
- Go on a cruise
- Learn to swim with a mermaid tail!!
- Touch an elephant
- Visit somewhere to see wolves
- Swim in the ocean at night and watch the stars
- Visit the Eiffel Tower
- Visit Bath (the city, not the room!)
- Visit Scotland
- Swim with dolphins
- Sleep in a tree house
- Get a tattoo
- Donate blood
- Learn to scuba dive
- Visit Egypt – see the pyramids and watch the belly dancers
- Join a belly dance troupe
- Get the Handfasting of my dreams!
- Run a 5k
- Go whale watching
- Own a very nice camera
- Learn how to use the very nice camera!
- Visit Stone Henge and touch the stones
- Visit Avebury Stones
- Live near the beach
- Send a ‘Message in a Bottle’
- Leave a note to someone in a library book to make them smile
- Watch a ballet
- Watch a live musical show
- Go see a Burlesque show
- Go to a Drive-In
- Stay in the Ice Hotel
- Learn Yoga or Tia Chi
- Go to a Masquerade Ball
- Take a photo every day for a year
- Visit Ireland
- Visit the Witchcraft Museum in Cornwall
- Learn to accept myself for who I am
- See a music concert
- Make a snow angel
- Visit one new place every year
- Go to Disney Land
- Be able to do make-up…well
- Do a Fire-Walk
- Do a crayon-melt
- Visit a Ranch
- Swim somewhere with a waterfall
- Create Baby Scrapbook for each of my children
- Visit the Statue of Liberty
- Ice skate in a city in winter
- Shop in New York
- Visit Las Vegas
- Be an audience member of a live show
- Spend the day at a Spa
- De-clutter my home and make it more organised
OK, that might seem and odd number to stop at, but I was getting to the point of really having to think. I bet I think of loads as soon as I post this now! But, I was born in 1973, so 73 is a good number ;o)
I wonder how many of these I might get ticked off. It’s time to start dinner for family now, but later on, I’m going to look and see if there is somewhere to register your Bucket List so that you can actually tick things off your list, or maybe an app for my phone.